FAQ: Training Programm
On this page you find general information about the training programm of fu: stat. If your questions are not answered here, feel free to contact us!
- You will receive a certificate of participation after the course.
- If you need a certificate in English, please contact us before the course starts.
A certificate of participation, which you can download, is not possible. Once the course is successfully completed the certificate will be personally handed over.
fu:stat offers besides of the training programm only statistical consulting. If you are interested in purchasing a software license for SPSS, SAS, STATA and EViews, unfortunately we can not directly help you. Members of Freie Universität Berlin can receive licenses to favourable conditions from Zedat.
- If you cancel the course up to 7 days before first day of the course, fu:stat collects a cancellation fee of 30% of the invoice amount.
- In case of a cancellation less than 7 days prior the course start the participation fee will not be refunded.
- The cancellation can be made by post, by fax or by email. You receive a confirmation of cancellation after we have received the cancellation.
- To register, fill out the registration form on the particular course website. Within one week after registration you will receive a confirmation E-Mail with further information.
- Please notice the additional comments for PoGS members:
fu:stat cooperates with the Dahlem Research School and the Potsdam Graduate School(PoGS). PoGS members have to register via the PoGS website. The registration will then be forwarded to us.
- The prices for the courses are shown on the respective information pages.
- The payment shall be made by bank transfer.
- You will get more informations on the payment in the confirmation email to your registration. During the bank transfer please consider the correct specification of the purpose.
- Also we would like to ask you to submit a transfer coucher in the course. Some courses will be paid in cash. The payment is made on the first day of the course. In both cases, you will receive an invoice. If the invoice should in addition to your name contain also your billing address, specify this please in the registration form. A university-internal transfer is not possible because of the administrative expenses. University members, whose course fee is taken over by a Chair, first pay the fee by bank transfer or in cash and later submit the Bill at the Department for reimbursement of this fee.
- The training program is designed in such a way, that the participants do not need a laptop. Besides the theory training, all courses are taught interactively at the PC pool.
- You need a login to use the PCs.
- The PC pool accepts only accounts of students of the School of Business and Economics of Freie Universität Berlin.
- Participants, who do not have such an account, get a temporary account at the beginning of the course.
- For legal reasons, we are obligated to verify your identity on the basis of an official document (identity card, driving license, passport) by the awarding of the accounts.
- Working on your own laptop is not possible.
If you travel from an other town to the course and search for a accommodation, this tips may help:
- Near to the course location you can stay at Harnack Haus. The Seminaris Campus Hotel Berlin is also very close to the course location (only 20 minutes by foot or one station by undergroud).
- Furthermore Berlin offers many other accommodation in all price categories.
- You can reach the course location easy from other points of the town, because this location is really close to the underground station.
- If a coure due to a sudden illness of the lecturers or due to a force majeure has to be cancelled, fu:stat will provide a alternative date for this course for the participants. Can this course not be attend by the individual participant, it is possible to resereve a place in a course in the next term.
- Of course, already remitted fees are transfered back.
- A refund of travel cost, accommodation costs or other related costs, which are connected with this course, is unfortunately not possible.
- There are 2 periods, where the most courses of fu:stat take place: August and March. The exact dates of each course will be publisched about 3 months before the next course duration.
- Here you can have a look at the current training program.
- The coures take place in the premises of the School of Business and Economics of Freie Universität Berlin in Dahlem.
- The nearest underground stations are U Oskar-Helene-Heim and U Thielplatz (both U3).
Quelle: OpenStreetMap - Veröffentlicht unter CC-BY-SA 2.0
- The courses are only for students and employees of all universities.
- Becouse of problems with the licence (Windows+Software) we can not offer our courses to alumni and ex-employees of Freie Univsität Berlin.
- All student pay a reduced price for the courses - this reductions are not limited to students of Freie Universität Berlin. For companies or other institutions fu:stat offers courses, which are adjusted to the special needs.
- For a successfull registration we need completed registration form, which is accessible on the detail page of each course.
- Not later than one week after registration you will receive an email with more informations.